- 3 pounds beef brisket (or chuck roast – trimmed of extra fat and cut into 2-inch chunks)
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 medium Chipotle chiles in adobo sauce (add more if preferred)
- 6 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 whole bay leaf
- Add all the ingredients, except beef and bay leaves to a blender and puree until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the beef chunks to the slow cooker. If you have time, for extra flavor, you can saute them in a pan and after that transfer to the slow cooker.
- Pour the pureed mixture on top of the beef and add the bay leaves.
- Cook for about 4-6 hours on HIGH or for about 8-10 hours on LOW. The beef is very tender and falls apart when shredded with a fork.
- Remove the bay leaves and discard.
- Shred the meat using two forks into the cooking juices. Let the beef absorb some of the juices for about 30 more minutes before serving.
- Use a slotted spoon or tongs to serve.
No Responses Yet