FOR THE CRUST:
- 30 chocolate sandwich cookies leave the cream inside
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
FOR THE CHEESECAKE:
- 3 8-ounce blocks (24 ounces total) cream cheese room temperature
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream see note
- Hot fudge and melted peanut butter for garnish
- Whipped Cream for garnish
Crush chocolate sandwich cookies in a food processor. You want a fine crumb.
Stir melted butter into chocolate sandwich cookies crumbs with a fork until all are moistened. Press into the bottom and halfway up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Chill until filling is done.
Beat room temperature cream cheese and peanut butter with a hand or a stand mixer until smooth. Mix in the powdered sugar until creamy and smooth.
Add the vanilla and then slowly add the whipping cream while mixing. Continue mixing until stiff peaks form (the cheesecake will stand up when you move the mixer).
Spread cheesecake into prepared pan. Chill at least one hour before slicing and serving.
Garnish with whipped cream before serving, optional.