INGREDIENTS FOR AN EASY, NO BAKE KEY LIME PIE
- 1 (6 oz) store-bought prepared graham cracker crust
- 2 bars (8 oz each) of cream cheese
- powdered sugar
- key lime juice
- heavy whipping cream
- sweetened condensed milk
MY TIPS FOR MAKING THIS RECIPE
- Plan ahead because this pie needs to be refrigerated overnight (for best results) or at least 8 hours. My pie was in the fridge for closer to 1 1/2 days before I used it and it was crazy yum. So basically, you could make it up to two days in advance even.
- If you want more of a strong key lime flavor then do not add the powdered sugar into the filling mixture. Maybe taste it before you add the powdered sugar and see what you think. As the pie sits in the fridge the flavors develop and it does get slightly sweeter.
- If you want to make your own graham cracker crust, awesome! Just make sure that it’s a 9″ pie size.
- I have never tried this recipe with light cream cheese and low fat sweetened condensed milk, so I can’t say for sure what the results would be. I am sure it would work fine, maybe not be as thick and creamy?
- Leftovers keep well for several day. I am stilling nibbling on the leftovers at my house, and it’s been like 5 days 🙂
No Responses Yet