- 50 g Butter
- 75 g Shallot
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 500 g Chestnut Mushrooms
- 1 Tsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tsp Sweet Paprika
- 125 ml Vegetable Stock
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 Lemon
- 100 g Sour Cream
- Finely dice the shallot and finely slice the garlic.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add the onions and cook until soft but not coloured, should take about 5 mins.
- Now is a good time to cut the mushrooms into bit sized pieces. I like to by mushrooms that are perfect when cut in half.
- Add the garlic and cook for a further minute or two.
- Increase the heat to medium high, add in the mushrooms and cook for 5-6 mins stirring occasionally.
- Reduce the heat back to medium/low and then stir in the mustard and paprika until completely combined.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and simmer for 5-6 mins checking for seasoning after you add the stock.
- Zest the lemon then cut it in half.
- Remove from the heat and add in the lemon juice form half a lemon, lemon zest from the whole lemon and sour cream.
- Gently bring to serving temperature returning to the heat if required but be sure not to boil or simmer as the sauce could curdle.
I like to serve this with whole grain rice, this usually takes around 25-30 minutes to cook, so start that just before you start cooking this recipe.