- 1 (16 ounce) package spaghetti noodles
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (16 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup butter, sliced – divided
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Cook spaghetti in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until “al dente” (cooked through but firm to the bite), about 12 minutes. Drain.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook and stir beef in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes, drain and discard grease.
- Place to a bowl and mix spaghetti sauce into ground beef.
- Combine the cream cheese, sour cream and cottage cheese until well blended.
- Place half the slices of butter into the bottom of a 9×13-inch casserole dish.
- Spread half the spaghetti into the dish. Top spaghetti with creamy mixture.
- Layer remaining spaghetti over creamy mixture.
- Top with remaining pats of butter.
- Pour ground beef mixture over spaghetti and spread to cover casserole.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Spread Cheddar cheese over pasta and continue baking until cheese has melted and is lightly browned, about 15 more minutes.