- 6 cups whole strawberries, hulled
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (9-inch) pie crust, baked
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Mash 1 cup strawberries with a fork or in a food processor and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, whisk together sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water and mashed strawberries.
- Bring to a boil over medium temperature, stirring constantly. Let the mixture boil and stir for 3 more minutes until thick and translucent. Set aside and let cool for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, arrange remaining strawberries in the pie crust. Cut some of the berries in half to make them fit better.
- Pour cooled glaze over the strawberries. Make sure that all the berries are coated with the glaze and no dry spots remain. Chill pie for 2-3 hours until set.
- Combine heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar. Whip at medium-high speed until soft peaks form. Serve pie with whipped cream.